With food at the centre of most celebrations, the holidays are a hectic time of year for the food retailers, foodservice operators and hospitality industry. Shoppers have so many food choices at their fingertips as to what they’re looking for, where to go, what to buy, what to eat and how to entertain this season.
From seasonal in-store displays to holiday menu offerings, you can continue to encourage your patrons to choose peanut products, keeping this incredibly versatile, functional, portable, nutritious and inexpensive food top-of-mind this holiday season.
Here is some food for thought when it comes to the perfectly powerful peanut:
- Plant-based: Peanuts are an excellent, plant-based alternative for vegetarians, vegans, health-conscious or just trendy consumers.
- Protein-packed: Peanuts offer 26 g of protein per 100 g of peanuts, or around half of a person’s daily protein needs.
- Salty or sweet: Peanuts can add a little crunch to your holiday party appetizers, side dishes or desserts – they go with everything!
- Overall cost: Peanuts are the most cost-effective and sustainable nut out there.
- Versatile: Peanut protein is available in oils, powders, flours and solids.
There are tons of ways and reasons why consumers should include peanuts and peanut butter in their seasonal shopping this year, providing them and their loved ones with healthier food options during the holidays – and beyond!