In a previous issue of In a Nutshell, you read about the love Canadians have for peanuts and peanut butter. Canadians enjoy peanut butter for a variety of resons such as taste, convenience and health attributes, but there's more to the story!
Did you know?
- • 81% believe peanut butter is nutritious and high in protein and 80% believe peanut butter provides a quick energy boost
- • Almost 40% consistently enjoy peanut butter in their diet
- • 81% feel peanut butter makes a good snack for kids; 82% for adults
- • 62% of health-conscious consumers prefer creamy peanut butter
- • Majority of peanut butter eaters like it for the taste, usage and nutrition (86%)
- • In Canada, peanut butter is most likely to be consumed in the morning
- • The most common way to enjoy peanut butter is on toast, bread or baked goods
- • Dipping right into the peanut butter jar increased to 31% from 26%
Peanut butter is a pantry staple in Canadian households and has been for years. With the endless health benefits and versatility when it comes to recipe ideas, it's no wonder this mighty legume is at the top of our grocery lists.
Source: Erickson Research